On this page you will find information and required forms related to applying, registering, and enrolling your child(ren) at Ohr Kodesh Early Childhood Center for the current school year.
Additionally, a downloadable version of our school year calendar is available for your convenience.
During the late Fall and early Winter season we host a series of Talk & Tour sessions to provide prospective families with opportunities to come visit and learn about our school. The dates and details for these sessions are posted on the Announcements sidebar of our website, as well as on the Ohr Kodesh Calendar. If you are unable to make one of these sessions, individual arrangements may also be made by contacting the school.
Each January, we post the necessary application information and forms for the subsequent school year. INFORMATION FOR THE 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR IS NOW AVAILABLE! Please use the links below to print the applicable forms for the current school year..
Information about our Summer Program is posted in February. INFORMATION FOR THE 2017 SUMMER PROGRAM IS NOW AVAILABLE! Please scroll to the bottom of this page for more information.
ALSO FOR 2017-2018: ENROLLMENT FOR OUR ONGOING PARENT-TODDLER CLASS IS OPEN!
2017-2018 REGISTRATION INFORMATION & APPLICATION FORMS
The following forms provide you with all the necessary information to register your child for the 2017-2018 school year.
FORMS FOR THE 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR WILL BE AVAILABLE JUNE 2017. Prior to your child's first day of school, Maryland State Department of Education and the Office Of Child Care require the following forms be on file at our school. All enrollment forms for 2016-2017 should be submitted by August 1, 2016. These forms must be completed every school year and for each child enrolled. Please note, Maryland licensing periodically updates the forms. Completed forms submitted prior to an update remain valid, but any old versions submitted after an update will not be accepted. Therefore, please be sure to check this website for the most recent form before filling out or forwarding to your doctor. Forms are valid for one year from the signature date and will need to be renewed if they expire prior to the end of the 2016-2017 school year (e.g., a Health Inventory dated February 2016, will expire in February 2017, and therefore an updated form would be required for attendance through the remainder of the school year). (NOTE: If your child is due for a wellness visit between August 1, 2016, and August 26, 2016, then please contact us.)
- 2016-2017 Health Inventory
- 2016-2017 Immunization Chart (Doctor offices may complete this form or provide an office printout with doctor's signature and date.)
- 2016-2017 Emergency Form
- 2016-2017 Medication Administration Authorization Form (This form is to be used for all prescription and non-prescription medicines. Non-prescription medicines include sunscreens, diaper creams, and bug sprays. Doctor signatures are required for prescription medicines; only parent signatures are required for non-prescription medicines.)
- 2016-2017 Allergy Action Form and Asthma Alert Form (These forms are required for any child with a listed allergy or asthma condition noted on their Health Inventory and/or their Medical Administration Authorization Form, and are to be completed by both a parent and doctor, as applicable.)
We offer Early Drop-off and Extended Afternoon options to all children enrolled in our Half Day program, as well as various Enrichment Activities for both Half Day and Full Day children enrolled in our age 3/4's and age 4/5's classes. Families can enroll for these program options for the entire school year or on a drop-in basis (with 24-hr advance sign-up and if space is available). The following forms provide more details regarding the program options for the current school year.
In addition to the above enrollment forms, OKECC Parent-Teacher Association kindly requests a check for dues payable to the OKECC-PTA. The dues amount and submission information is announced each school year by the current OKECC-PTA board.
Each school year we offer a series of opportunities the first week of school for all parents and caregivers to gather and meet new and current families, as well as various OKECC and synagogue staff, while children spend their first days in class. Below is a downloadable calendar with dates and times for these Circle of Chaveirim gatherings, as well as other known events and holidays for the school year.
Additionally, throughout the school year our Friday closing times vary in accordance with Shabbat. The schedule of weekly closing times is included on the school year calendar, as well as listed on a separate schedule with candle lighting times for your convenience.
- 2016-2017 OKECC School Year Calendar (Please note there may be revisions during the school year, so please check back periodically for an updated version. A live calendar feed is available at the bottom of this page.)
- 2016-2017 Shabbat Closing and Candle Lighting Times
- 2017-2018 OKECC School Year Calendar - COMING SOON (First Day of the school year will be Monday, August 28, 2017.)
- 2017-2018 Shabbat Closing and Candle Lighting Times - COMING SOON
OKECC SUMMER DISCOVERY
OKECC Summer Discovery is scheduled to start June 12, 2017, and will run for 9 fun-filled weeks through August 11, 2017! Children may enroll for any one, any two or all three 3-week sessions. This year's theme is "Natural Sensations". Explore our materials to learn more...